- Lectures Thursdays from 10:15 – 11:55 in room ML H 44
- Exercise sessions Thursdays from 12:00 – 13:00 in room ML H 44
- Professor Patrick Cheridito
- Assistant Philipp Zimmermann
- Prerequisites Basic knowledge in probability theory and mathematical statistics
- Exam August 18, 9:30 – 11:30
- Check this website before the exam for the location.
- Bring your student card (Legi). It will be checked during the exam.
- You are allowed to bring 10 single-sided A4 pages of your own notes. No books or lecture notes. Laptops, tablets and mobile phones must be switched off.
This course introduces methods from probability theory and statistics that can be used to model financial risks. Topics covered include loss distributions, risk measures, empirical properties of financial data, extreme value theory, multivariate models, copulas and dependence structures as well as operational risk.
- Basic concepts in risk management
- Empirical properties of financial data
- Financial time series
- Extreme value theory
- Multivariate models
- Copulas and dependence
- Operational risk Slides